For the past week, I have used Google Reader and subscribed to several feeds to my favorite sites: Hickory Daily Record, New York Times, Fox News, Bible Gateway, Gopherwood Studios Bloge, (my favorite game) and a friend, Amanda Dunn. I have really enjoyed this tool of Web 2.0 because I do not need to go to their sites to see what has changed. The Google Reader sends me the most recent articles or posts with a link to the site. If the post looks interesting, all I need to do is click on the link the reader provides and it will go right to that site. Another benefit is that Google keeps track of everything I have read. One drawback that I have noticed since having the Google Reader is if I had too many sites on mine, it could be overwhelming. I have just nine sites and it is a little cumbersome to me. It is a little hard to read all of it and keep up with the updates. I have to read it every day if I don’t I cannot read it all. Those are the only drawbacks that I can see; I really like my Google Reader.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Using Google Reader
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Okay the blogging experience it not like reading a book. I keep thinking it should be, but to me it isn't. I get lost in cyber space and wander around trying to find any site. I can surf randomly, but finding what I am looking for seems a lot more difficult than it should be. I did subscribe to different feeds, but I have no idea what will happen. I am not even sure that I can come back here. I haven't blogged anything until this semester. It is baffling. I am just going to keep working on this and hope a light bulb pops on. Everyone wish me luck!
ReplyDelete